Upper Iowa University does not require proof of immunizations for admittance to the University or for living in the residence halls. There are, however, some programs that require students to have certain immunizations prior to participation in activities required of the major or program. Students should consult with their advisor to determine if this is a requirement for their program.
Upper Iowa University wants to ensure the health and safety of all students. Though not required for admission, Upper Iowa University strongly encourages students and their guardians to consider following the CDC recommended vaccination schedule. The complete schedule can be found at the CDC’s website.
UIU recommends the following vaccines for appropriate candidates. Students should consult with their primary physician before receiving vaccinations.
- Tetanus/diphtheria primary series dates and booster within 10 years
- Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) at 15 months or after and one booster
- Polio primary series and one booster.
- Meningococcal vaccine.
- Varicella vaccine (Chicken pox) if no evidence of disease
- Hepatitis A and hepatitis B series are advised.
- Yearly Influenza (Flu) vaccine