TO: Fayette Campus students, faculty and staff
SUBJECT: COVID-19 test kit site and Care Plan update
Upper Iowa University’s Recreation Center at Fayette Campus has been designated a Test Iowa at-home COVID-19 test kit pick-up site. The free test kits are available during the Recreation Center’s regular hours Mondays-Thursdays, 5:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Fridays, 5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturdays, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Sundays, 1 – 9 p.m.
The following is an overview of the pick-up site patient process, from picking the test kit up to receiving test results. This information has also been added to the Care Plan, which students should continue to utilize as a resource to learn about COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
- A patient picks up a test kit from a pick-up site. If symptomatic, please consider asking a friend or loved one to pick the test up for you or contact [email protected] If that is not possible, please be sure to wear a mask and practice physical distancing when picking up the test. Tests will be located in such a way that distancing will be possible.
- The patient activates the test kit at the time the patient is ready to provide the sample. The patient completes the test by following instructions for collecting and packaging the sample.
- The patient sends the test sample back to the State Hygienic Lab as soon as possible using a prepaid shipping label included with the test kit. In Fayette, test kits can be dropped off at Scott’s Pharmacy for daily UPS pick up. Scott’s Pharmacy is also your resource if you need assistance in administering the test, and can be contacted at 563-425-4530.
- The State Hygienic Lab receives the test sample within 72 hours of shipment and processes the sample.
- The State Hygienic Lab provides the test results about 24 hours after receiving the sample. When results are ready, the patient will receive an email notification. The patient will need the access code previously provided after test kit activation to access results on the patient portal.
Patients may also request a test kit at testiowa.com. Requested test kits will be shipped directly to patients upon request.
For additional information about Test Iowa and its free statewide COVID-19 testing, visit testiowa.com.
Andrew Wenthe (’12 MHEA)
Vice President for External Affairs